Taylor Swift Pays Tribute to Artists Who Shaped Her Life in Women’s History Month PlaylistLatest News
Taylor Swift is ending Women’s History Month on a high note, literally. On Friday, the singer teamed up with Spotify to create an Amplify playlist that pays tribute to all the female artists who have shaped her life and career throughout the years.
“At the end of Women’s History Month, I wanted to make a playlist of songs and artists who made music that became the soundtrack to my life for a time, a phase, endless rides on the school bus, getting my license and driving around alone, screaming into a hairbrush and deciding ultimately that I wanted to make music too,” Swift said in a statement. “I see these women as my faraway mentors, who taught me how music can really make someone’s life easier and more magical. These female professors guided me melodically, lyrically, spiritually and emotionally without even knowing it. And though I haven’t met most of these women, I will forever be grateful to them.”
There are so many good throwback songs from the ’90s and early 2000s like “Unpretty” by TLC, “Why Can’t I?” by Liz Phair, and “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None The Richer! While she made sure to include country artists like the Dixie Chicks and Miranda Lambert, there are also some iconic pop artists like Mandy Moore and Kelly Clarkson. Listen to her full playlist ahead.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Frank Ocean’s Brother Ryan Breaux Dead at 18 After Car Accident
- Beyoncé Just Dropped the Deluxe Edition of The Gift, and BRB, We’ve Got Some Listening to Do
- Danica Patrick Is Doing ‘Emotional Therapy’ After Aaron Rodgers Split
- Amanda Stanton Is Dating Attorney Oren Agman: Meet Her New Man
- Inside Joey King’s Getaway With ‘Kissing Booth 2’ Costar Taylor Zakhar Perez
- Hot Take: Chessy Is the True Hero of The Parent Trap
- Buzzzz-o-Meter: Stars Are Buzzing About These Vegan Cookies
- Let’s Talk About Klaus Literally Preaching Song Lyrics to His Cult on The Umbrella Academy
- Cody Simpson Shares a Photo With ‘Best Friend’ Miley Cyrus
- Fans Praise Lisa Bonet After Ex Lenny Kravitz Wishes Jason Momoa Happy B-Day