Taylor Swift Performed “Lover” For the First Time at the VMAs, and Things Got EmotionalLatest News
Taylor Swift brought down the house as she performed at the MTV VMAs on Monday night. The singer opened the show with a colorful performance of “You Need to Calm Down” featuring hearts, rainbows, pink clouds, and a huge shout-out to the Equality Act at the end of her set. Reminiscent of the song’s music video, Swift started the show in a yellow lawn chair (complete with fake grass) surrounded by backup dancers with brightly colored hair and matching outfits. The stage immediately transformed into a full-blown party, balloons included – not to mention, the pop-out letters on the screen were a total “ME!” callback.
Swift threw on a sparkly blazer and followed “You Need to Calm Down” with her first live performance of “Lover.” There was definitely a lot of love radiating off her friends in the audience, including Gigi Hadid and Camila Cabello. The crowd was also on board the love train as fans all throughout the venue cried and waved their hands along to the music. So sweet! The last time Swift attended the show was all the way back in 2015, when she took home video of the year for “Bad Blood” alongside her famous friends.
The award show comes after a crazy week for Swift. In addition to dropping a new music video, the singer also released her seventh album, Lover. We definitely can’t wait to see even more appearances from Swift as she promotes her new music! Take a closer look at her performance ahead.
If Taylor Swift's VMAs Outfit Looks Familiar, It's Because She Wore a Similar Version to the Teen Choice Awards
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Kelly Clarkson’s Powerhouse Vocals Came in Like a Wrecking Ball For Her Miley Cyrus Cover
- JWoww’s Ex Zack Carpinello Posts About ‘Strength’ After Their Split
- Jeremy Renner ‘Won’t Be Bullied’ by Ex-Wife Amid Custody Battle
- Euphoria Actor Austin Abrams Joins This Is Us Season 4 as a Love Interest For Teen Kate
- Aquaman and Catwoman Unite! Jason Momoa Sends Zoe Kravitz Love for New Role
- The Voice: This Teen’s Stunning Kacey Musgraves Cover Brought Out the Fight in Kelly Clarkson
- Mike Johnson: I Will ‘Never’ Kiss and Tell After Demi Lovato Romance
- DWTS’ Lauren Alaina Opens Up About Her Dating Life After John Crist Split
- Nikki Bella and Artem Chigvintsev: A Timeline of Their Relationship
- Cecily Strong Really Tried Her Best to Control This Excited Pup During an SNL Sketch