The Haunting of Bly Manor Is Going to Be “Scarier” Than Hill House, and I’m Already NervousLatest News
If The Haunting of Hill House didn’t scare you – first of all, who are you and how do you sleep at night? – then the show’s creator, Mike Flanagan, has some good news: The Haunting of Bly Manor is going to spook your socks off. I guess it’s time for those of us who were plenty scared the first time around to start mentally steeling ourselves before the show’s premiere next year.
Flanagan recently opened up to Entertainment Weekly about the upcoming Netflix series, and revealed “it’s scarier” than the season before. “It’s a lot more frightening, just on a visceral level,” he said. Bly Manor will be a screen adaptation of Henry James’s Turn of the Screw, with some of his other works used as inspiration. The storyline follows a governess who’s hired to watch over two children in a remote estate. Convinced the house is not what it seems, she descends into madness.
“It’s a lot more frightening, just on a visceral level.”
According to Flanagan, filming is “going great” so far and they’re about one-third of the way done. “It’s such a treat to play in the world of Henry James. It’s a whole different vibe from Shirley Jackson. Turn of the Screw is kind of the backbone of the season,” he said. “So, we were able to open up his entire library of ghost stories, stuff that’s never been adapted, and build the whole season out with the entirety of Henry James’ supernatural library. And that has been a real treat, because we really get to do things that I’ve never gotten to see before. Turn of the Screw is really just our way in.”
Although a large portion of the Hill House cast was invited back for Bly Manor, Flanagan explained there’s no direct link between the first series and the second. That said, be on the lookout for Easter Eggs, “not only in small details but in moments of dialogue and in some of the ideas from Hill House.” Eek! I’m nervously awaiting this premiere and the inevitable nightmares that will follow.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- These 20 New Romance Books Will Turn Up the Heat on Your Summer
- Meghan McCain Slams Kanye West After He Announces He’s Running for President
- Mandy Moore Says Ex Ryan Adams Should Have Apologized ‘Privately’
- Just an Appreciation Post of Insecure’s Alexander Hodge Looking Like a Whole Snack
- Nick Cordero Dead at 41: Broadway Star Dies After Coronavirus Complications
- Duchess Kate Laughs With Prince William as They Meet With Hospital Workers
- Netflix’s Dark Finally Revealed the Origin of the Time Loops, and My Head Is Still Spinning
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ Star James Kennedy Marks 1 ‘Beautiful’ Year of Sobriety
- Scott Disick and Sofia Richie Spend 4th of July Together Months After Split
- Kanye West Tweets That He’s Running For President in 2020