The Obamas Officially Kick Off Their Netflix Partnership With American Factory, Out NowLatest News
Barack and Michelle Obama’s multiyear partnership with Netflix is officially underway. Earlier this year, it was announced that the former president and first lady would be releasing seven various fiction and nonfiction projects under their Higher Ground Productions company. After building excitement, their debut title, American Factory, has now officially hit the streaming platform.
The documentary tells the true story of a Dayton, OH, General Motors plant gravely affected by the 2008 recession, and later salvaged by Chinese billionaire Cao Dewang, who established a factory for his Fuyao Glass company in its place. Directed by Julia Reichert and Steven Bognar, American Factory primarily explores the relationship between Chinese and American workers inside the factory.
On the day of the documentary’s release, Netflix shared a conversation between Reichert, Bognar, and the Obamas. In it, the former president said, “We want people to be able to get outside of themselves and experience and understand the lives of somebody else, which is what a good story does.” He added, “It helps all of us feel some sort of solidarity with each other.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Gwyneth Paltrow Poses Nude on Her 48th B-Day and Daughter Apple Is Not Happy
- Jordyn Woods Goes Instagram Official With Boyfriend Karl-Anthony Towns
- The 15 Most Terrifying Stephen King Books, Ranked
- Jon and Ygritte Forever! Kit Harington and Rose Leslie’s Relationship Timeline
- Ant Anstead Breaks His Silence on Christina Anstead Split
- Saturday Night Live Is Back For Season 46 With 3 New Players – See Who’s in the Cast!
- Reunited? Julianne Hough Shares Funny Video With Brooks Laich’s Dog
- David Trying on Moira’s Wigs Is the Best Schitt’s Creek Moment That Didn’t Actually Air on TV
- Brielle Biermann Talks Dating, Says a ‘Ton’ of Celebs Slide Into Her DMs
- Think Enola Holmes’s Louis Partridge Is Adorable? Check Out These Facts About Him