The Obamas Officially Kick Off Their Netflix Partnership With American Factory, Out NowLatest News
Barack and Michelle Obama’s multiyear partnership with Netflix is officially underway. Earlier this year, it was announced that the former president and first lady would be releasing seven various fiction and nonfiction projects under their Higher Ground Productions company. After building excitement, their debut title, American Factory, has now officially hit the streaming platform.
The documentary tells the true story of a Dayton, OH, General Motors plant gravely affected by the 2008 recession, and later salvaged by Chinese billionaire Cao Dewang, who established a factory for his Fuyao Glass company in its place. Directed by Julia Reichert and Steven Bognar, American Factory primarily explores the relationship between Chinese and American workers inside the factory.
On the day of the documentary’s release, Netflix shared a conversation between Reichert, Bognar, and the Obamas. In it, the former president said, “We want people to be able to get outside of themselves and experience and understand the lives of somebody else, which is what a good story does.” He added, “It helps all of us feel some sort of solidarity with each other.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Aquaman and Catwoman Unite! Jason Momoa Sends Zoe Kravitz Love for New Role
- The Voice: This Teen’s Stunning Kacey Musgraves Cover Brought Out the Fight in Kelly Clarkson
- Mike Johnson: I Will ‘Never’ Kiss and Tell After Demi Lovato Romance
- DWTS’ Lauren Alaina Opens Up About Her Dating Life After John Crist Split
- Nikki Bella and Artem Chigvintsev: A Timeline of Their Relationship
- Cecily Strong Really Tried Her Best to Control This Excited Pup During an SNL Sketch
- K-Pop Singer Sulli Dead at 25 in Suspected Suicide
- Your Ultimate Horror Movie Checklist For October
- Angelina Pivarnick Breaks Her Silence Amid JWoww and Zack Flirting Scandal
- Jana Kramer Snuggles With Mike Caussin After Topless Photo Drama