The Obamas Officially Kick Off Their Netflix Partnership With American Factory, Out NowLatest News
Barack and Michelle Obama’s multiyear partnership with Netflix is officially underway. Earlier this year, it was announced that the former president and first lady would be releasing seven various fiction and nonfiction projects under their Higher Ground Productions company. After building excitement, their debut title, American Factory, has now officially hit the streaming platform.
The documentary tells the true story of a Dayton, OH, General Motors plant gravely affected by the 2008 recession, and later salvaged by Chinese billionaire Cao Dewang, who established a factory for his Fuyao Glass company in its place. Directed by Julia Reichert and Steven Bognar, American Factory primarily explores the relationship between Chinese and American workers inside the factory.
On the day of the documentary’s release, Netflix shared a conversation between Reichert, Bognar, and the Obamas. In it, the former president said, “We want people to be able to get outside of themselves and experience and understand the lives of somebody else, which is what a good story does.” He added, “It helps all of us feel some sort of solidarity with each other.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Beyoncé and JAY-Z Mean Business in Their Suited-Up Appearance at a Pre-Grammys Brunch
- Miranda Lambert Talks About ‘S–t Show’ After Blake Shelton Divorce
- Congrats! Brandon Jenner, Cayley Stoker Engaged Ahead of Twins’ Arrival
- These Shameless Prayer Candles Are For Anyone Who Bows Down to the Gallaghers
- The Jonas Brothers Are Owning TikTok, and 2 Other Things You Missed This Week
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Chris Sullivan and Wife Rachel Are Expecting Baby No. 1
- Scott Borchetta Says He’ll Always ‘Root for’ Taylor Swift Despite Feud
- Pamela Anderson Shares 1st Pic With Husband Jon Peters After Secret Wedding
- Wait, Did ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Stars Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy Date?
- Billie Eilish’s “Everything I Wanted” Video Is an Ode to Her Brother, Finneas O’Connell