The Royal Family Joined the Queen For the Annual Remembrance Day Service in LondonLatest News
After an outing at the annual Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall on Saturday, the royal family assembled again on Sunday morning. Remembrance Sunday is held on the second Sunday of November each year and is a time for people to honour those who have suffered and died at war. This year’s service marks 100 years since the first Remembrance Sunday service, which took place in 1919 on the anniversary of the end of hostilities in the First World War. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex joined the queen and other members of the royal family for the annual Remembrance Day Service at The Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday.
During the service, Harry and William laid wreaths at The Cenotaph – along with their father Prince Charles, who laid a second wreath on behalf of his mother, the queen – before participating in a traditional two-minute silence at 11 a.m. Queen Elizabeth II was joined on the balcony by Camilla Bowles and Kate Middleton, where they watched the proceedings take place. Meghan was also in attendance, and watched on from a separate balcony with the Sophie, Countess of Wessex and Princess Anne’s husband, Sir Timothy Laurence. Despite reports that Harry and William are moving in different directions, this separation is likely less of a slight, and more of a dedication to the traditional pecking order. This is the second time Meghan has attended the Remembrance Day service, as last year marked her first year as Harry’s wife. See more photos from the royals’ appearance ahead.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Pamela Anderson’s Dating History: From Tommy Lee to Jon Peters
- Here Are All the Winners of the 2020 SAG Awards!
- Kendall Jenner and Ex Ben Simmons Spend Weekend Together in NYC
- Brad Pitt Jokes About Tinder, Feet, and Getting High in Hilarious SAG Awards Speech
- Queen Considered Taking Duke, Duchess Titles From Harry and Meghan: Report
- Meghan Markle Smiles With Archie and Dogs as Harry Flies to Canada
- Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston: The Way They Were
- Adjust Your DVR: Grey’s Anatomy Is Moving Back to Its Original Time in January
- Jennifer Aniston Was ‘Overwhelmed’ After SAG Win, Brad Pitt Run-In
- Prince Harry Speaks For the First Time on Royal Split: “There Really Was No Other Option”