This 13 Reasons Why Callback to Season 1 Just Made My Heart Hurt a LittleLatest News
Let’s rewind to season one, episode five: “Tape 3, Side A.” Clay is tutoring jock and all-around-good-guy Jeff, and the two make a deal that if Jeff gets higher than a C, Clay will go to the school dance. Clay loses, and winds up at the dance. This ends up being a pivotal moment in Hannah’s storyline, but there’s also an important scene where Clay sits with Jeff on the bleachers and Jeff tries to convince him to ask Hannah to dance. In actuality, Jeff is wearing a gray suit. But in Clay’s dream sequence that opens the episode, Jeff is wearing a white tux.
Justin Foley wears that same white tux – save for the buttons – to Liberty High School’s prom in season four’s ninth episode. Those who have finished the final season know this wardrobe choice is no coincidence; the tux foreshadows Justin’s fate. Jeff Atkins dies in a car crash the night of Jessica Davis’s party in season one, while Justin succumbs to AIDS in the series finale.
– 𝗮𝗯𝗯𝘆☺︎︎ // 𝘁𝗹𝗼𝘂 𝗶𝗻 𝟭𝟬 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀🎮 (@TLOUACTIVIST) June 8, 2020
This had to be an intentional callback in a season that also included cameos from season one actors Tommy Dorfman and Michele Selene Ang. Though the show’s final season is admittedly not my cup of tea, this particular moment did pull at my heartstrings. Time to rewatch season one?
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Summer House’s Paige DeSorbo Confirms Split From Perry Rahbar
- 10 of the Most Underrated True-Crime Podcasts You Need to Listen to
- Justin Hartley Finally Explains Why He Was Spotted Wearing a Cast
- Skai Jackson’s Chucky Routine on DWTS Is Even Spookier Thanks to This Billie Eilish Cover
- ‘RHOC’ Alum Vicki Gunvalson Speaks Out About Steve Lodge Split Rumors
- Jamie Foxx’s Sister DeOndra Dixon Dies at 36: ‘She Was a Bright Light’
- Kelly Clarkson’s Candid Quotes About Her Split From Brandon Blackstock
- 10 Underrated True-Crime Podcasts That You’ve (Probably) Never Heard of
- Prince Harry Understood Racial Bias After ‘Living’ in Meghan Markle’s Shoes
- Why India Oxenberg Didn’t Participate in The Vow: “I Just Wasn’t Ready to Speak Out”