To Be Young, Gifted, and Black: 30 Women Making Our World Exponentially BetterLatest News
“To be young, gifted, and Black is where it’s at,” Nina Simone sings in the 1970 ode to her fellow melanated trailblazers. The High Priestess of Soul couldn’t have been more correct: the contributions people of color have made on the world are indeed precious, they are indeed significant, and they are more than worthy of recognition.
This Black History Month, we’re spotlighting some outstanding women of color who are breaking barriers, thriving in their respective fields, and lifting up those around them. While people like Lauren Simmons and Joy Harper are making their marks on the financial sphere, creatives such as designer Pierre Davis, artist Ilana Yacine Harris-Babou, and actress Taylour Paige are representing in the realms of fashion, culture, and entertainment.
As for the health and beauty space, wellness specialist Lauren Ash is among the many Black women making strides to help WOC understand and openly talk about mental health. And in politics, young activists Naomi Wadler and Marley Dias are diligently working to make the world safer and more inclusive for Black girls.
The breadth and depth of Black women’s talents can hardly be summed up in a single gallery, but we hope this feature will inspire women of color everywhere to step into their authority and bask in the glory of their Blackness. Happy Black History Month!
– Additional reporting by Britt Stephens
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Ben Higgins: Why Jess and I Can Only Get Married During a ‘Select Few Months’
- Billie Eilish Soothes Puppies to Sleep While Singing “Everything I Wanted” at Home
- Michelle Money Gives Update on Her Daughter Following Skateboard Accident
- Ben Higgins Opens Up About Engagement to Jess Clarke: ‘Let’s Celebrate’
- Lily James and Matt Smith Spotted Together After Split Rumors: Pics
- The Schitt’s Creek Cast Is a Big, Happy Family in Real Life, and We Love to See It
- Prince Charles ‘Out of Self-Isolation’ 1 Week After Coronavirus Diagnosis
- John Krasinski Wants to Share Good News With the World, So He Reached Out to Steve Carell
- Meghan King Edmonds, Husband Jim Arguing Over Kids After His Coronavirus Test
- Terri Irwin Says Late Husband Steve Would Have Worn Khaki to Bindi’s Wedding