To Be Young, Gifted, and Black: 30 Women of Color Who Are Breaking Barriers and Shaking Sh*t UpLatest News
“To be young, gifted, and Black is where it’s at,” Nina Simone sings in the 1970 ode to her fellow melanated trailblazers. The High Priestess of Soul couldn’t have been more correct: the contributions people of color have made on the world are indeed precious, they are indeed significant, and they are more than worthy of recognition.
This Black History Month, we’re spotlighting some outstanding women of color who are breaking barriers, thriving in their respective fields, and lifting up those around them. While people like Lauren Simmons and Joy Harper are making their marks on the financial sphere, creatives such as designer Pierre Davis, artist Ilana Yacine Harris-Babou, and actress Taylour Paige are representing in the realms of fashion, culture, and entertainment.
As for the health and beauty space, wellness specialist Lauren Ash is among the many Black women making strides to help WOC understand and openly talk about mental health. And in politics, young activists Naomi Wadler and Marley Dias are diligently working to make the world safer and more inclusive for Black girls.
The breadth and depth of Black women’s talents can hardly be summed up in a single gallery, but we hope this feature will inspire women of color everywhere to step into their authority and bask in the glory of their Blackness. Happy Black History Month!
– Additional reporting by Britt Stephens
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Hayden Panettiere Breaks Her Silence After Boyfriend Is Arrested Again
- 10 Revelations About Divorce, Gabrielle Union and More in Dwyane Wade’s Doc
- Loved Every Dramatic Minute of The Circle? Here’s What to Dive Into Next
- Are Southern Charm’s Kathryn Dennis and Ex Thomas Ravenel Back On?
- Sad News, Riverdale Fans: Skeet Ulrich and Marisol Nichols Are Leaving the Show
- Channing Tatum, Jessie J Have Playdate With His Daughter Everly
- Buzzzz-o-Meter: Stars Are Buzzing About This Wellness Brand for Dogs
- Khloe Kardashian Says Ex Tristan Thompson Is ‘a Great Person’
- Accio Credit Card! These Harry Potter Gifts Are Worth All Our Galleons
- Meghan Trainor’s Dad Injured After Being Struck By Car