‘Ugly Betty’ Creator Silvio Horta Dead At 45: America Ferrera ReactsLatest News
Ugly Betty creator Silvio Horta was found dead on Tuesday, January 7.
The showrunner’s body was discovered in a Miami hotel room, where he had died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, Variety reported on Tuesday. Horta was 45.
The Florida native was best known for his work on the ABC comedy, which starred America Ferrera and ran for four seasons from 2006 to 2010. The show’s lead shared her sadness and sympathies with her TV costars and the late writer’s family.
“I’m stunned and heartbroken to hear the devastating news of Ugly Betty creator, Silvio Horta’s death,” the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants star, 35, wrote via Instagram on Tuesday. “His talent and creativity brought me and so many others such joy & light. I’m thinking of his family and loved ones who must be in so much pain right now- and of the whole Ugly Betty family who feel this loss so deeply.”
Vanessa Williams, who played Wilhelmina Slater on the comedy, expressed her thoughts about the man who she described as full of “passion” on Instagram.
“Still in shock after hearing the tragic news of our #uglybetty creator #silviohorta ,” Williams, 56, captioned a photo of herself with the late TV writer. “His creativity and passion will be missed by so many of us that worked with him. May he Rest In Peace.”
Actor Christopher Gorham who starred on two of Horta’s series, Jake 2.0 and Ugly Betty, also took to social media to share his feelings over the producer’s death.
“Silvio Horta gave me two of the greatest opportunities in my career with Jake 2.0 and Ugly Betty. I will be forever grateful for his creativity, his enormous heart, and his friendship,” the Insatiable star, 45, wrote via Instagram. “His family was his world and my heart goes out to them tonight. Let’s all take care of each other.”
Horta majored in film at NYU and got his big break when he wrote the screenplay for Urban Legend in 1998. He went on to executive produce The Chronicle as well as Jake 2.0, Ugly Betty and a short film called Horror Movie: The Movie in 2012.
In 2015, he wrote The Curse of the Fuentes Women, which he also produced. According to Variety, he had a project with Mary J. Blige in development at Fox in 2018.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Yikes! Scheana Shay Says She Wasn’t Invited to Lala Kent’s Gender Reveal
- Demi Lovato Wears ‘Dogs Over People’ Shirt, Ditches Ring After Max Split
- Meghan Markle Made a Surprise Appearance on America’s Got Talent For This Sweet Reason
- Surprise! Billie Lourd Just Welcomed a Baby Boy With Fiancé Austen Rydell
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich Split: What Went Wrong?
- Rebel Wilson and Rumored Beau Jacob Busch Make Red Carpet Debut
- Future Parents! Mandy Moore and Taylor Goldsmith’s Relationship Timeline
- Colton Spotted for the 1st Time in L.A. Since Cassie’s Restraining Order
- Kristin Cavallari Breaks Her Silence on Divorce From Jay Cutler: “We Tried Really, Really Hard”
- Donald Trump Fires Back at Meghan Markle, Prince Harry After Election Comments