Vanderpump Rules’ Brittany Cartwright Gives Update on Mom After ICU StayLatest News
The road to recovery. Brittany Cartwright gave an update on how her mom, Sherri Cartwright, has progressed in the wake of her emergency surgery and stay in an intensive care unit.
In an Instagram post that featured a photo of the mother-daughter duo, the 31-year-old Vanderpump Rules star began by expressing her gratitude for “everyone who has prayed and sent best wishes” amid the crisis. Brittany also confirmed that her mother “has made an amazing recovery and is doing so, so much better.”
“For those of you who don’t know her story, she went in for a bladder surgery, stayed a couple nights in the hospital and was sent home. She was feeling horrible and days later she was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery,” she explained. “Her 45-minute surgery turned into 4 1/2 hours. It was the scariest moments and a horrible time to be so far away in California.”
Brittany continued, “We found out after that they had tore her bowel during her bladder surgery, they didn’t notice and she had gone septic. The emergency doctors were amazing and they literally saved her life. She fought on life support for a couple days and woke up days later with no idea what had happened to her.”
The Bravolebrity flew from California to be by her mother’s side in Kentucky. She also praised Sherri for being “so strong” and “bouncing right back” after the scary experience.
In closing, she acknowledged how “amazing” her husband, Jax Taylor, was during the rough period. “He came right to KY and helped us through everything,” she added. “I love you, honey! Hug the ones you love and hold them tight! You never know what could happen. I am very thankful right now.”
Brittany’s mother previously revealed in March that she was having a procedure to resolve complications from bladder surgery. Us Weekly later confirmed through Brittany’s rep in mid-June that Sherri was placed in an intensive care unit.
A source told Us that Brittany was “beyond overwhelmed” amid the health crisis. However, in late July, Brittany said that Sherri was “doing great” as they went in for a doctor’s appointment.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Jon and Ygritte Forever! Kit Harington and Rose Leslie’s Relationship Timeline
- Ant Anstead Breaks His Silence on Christina Anstead Split
- Saturday Night Live Is Back For Season 46 With 3 New Players – See Who’s in the Cast!
- Reunited? Julianne Hough Shares Funny Video With Brooks Laich’s Dog
- David Trying on Moira’s Wigs Is the Best Schitt’s Creek Moment That Didn’t Actually Air on TV
- Brielle Biermann Talks Dating, Says a ‘Ton’ of Celebs Slide Into Her DMs
- Think Enola Holmes’s Louis Partridge Is Adorable? Check Out These Facts About Him
- Ant Anstead Posts ‘Old Skool’ Pic Wearing Wedding Ring After Christina Anstead Split
- Rebel Wilson and Jacob Busch Began Dating Before Pandemic: It’s ‘Serious’
- Yikes! Scheana Shay Says She Wasn’t Invited to Lala Kent’s Gender Reveal