Wells Adams Was ‘Smart Enough’ Not to Look Stupid on ‘The Bachelorette’Latest News
“I was always good at self-editing because I had the FCC breathing down my neck everyday [in my radio career],” Adams, 35, told E! News’ Justin Sylvester on the digital series Just the Sip. “So I was able to go on that show and say what I wanted to say without saying the thing everyone wanted me to say and sounding stupid.”
“[I would] say everyone’s name before saying the funny or crazy thing so they couldn’t edit it differently,” Adams explained. “I was smart enough about that to not look stupid on TV.”
Despite keeping his cool on-screen persona, the Bachelor in Paradise bartender wasn’t always a smooth guy with Fletcher, 29.
“It became pretty evident that she liked other guys a lot more than myself,” he recalled. “Before that, I was like, ‘I think I’m just like her buddy.’ I think that I have a leg up over the other guys because I can hold a conversation better and then she was like, ‘We’re just not that far along.’”
It wasn’t until he left the show that he realized that he was “the funny guy” on the series.
The DJ, who is engaged to Sarah Hyland, explained that he originally went on the show because he was fresh off a breakup and it could be good for his radio career.
“I had just gotten broken up with and I was pretty beaten down. I got into a dark place, like, this is never going to work for me,” he said of the choice to audition. “Maybe this one will work and if it does, it will be a super dope story to tell.”
He added: “At the time I was 31, it’s time to bro up and find your forever person.”
The Bachelorette didn’t end happily ever after for Adams, but it did eventually lead to meeting Hyland, 29, who he proposed to in July 2019 after two years of dating.
Listen on Spotify to Here For the Right Reasons to get inside scoop about the Bachelor franchise and exclusive interviews from contestants.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Who’s Ready For Another Wild Ride? Dwayne Johnson Confirms Hobbs and Shaw Sequel
- Ben Higgins: Why Jess and I Can Only Get Married During a ‘Select Few Months’
- Billie Eilish Soothes Puppies to Sleep While Singing “Everything I Wanted” at Home
- Michelle Money Gives Update on Her Daughter Following Skateboard Accident
- Ben Higgins Opens Up About Engagement to Jess Clarke: ‘Let’s Celebrate’
- Lily James and Matt Smith Spotted Together After Split Rumors: Pics
- The Schitt’s Creek Cast Is a Big, Happy Family in Real Life, and We Love to See It
- Prince Charles ‘Out of Self-Isolation’ 1 Week After Coronavirus Diagnosis
- John Krasinski Wants to Share Good News With the World, So He Reached Out to Steve Carell
- Meghan King Edmonds, Husband Jim Arguing Over Kids After His Coronavirus Test