Zoe Kravitz Reveals Dad Lenny’s Wedding Speech Had Her ‘in Tears’Latest News
Father of the bride … of the year! Lenny Kravitz made daughter Zoë Kravitz cry with his speech at her June 2019 wedding to Karl Glasman, the actress revealed on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Zoë, 31, dished on her nuptials — and her father’s “beautiful” toast — as she appeared on the late-night talk show on Wednesday, February 12. “It was funny because I planned this wedding very well, and the one thing I didn’t really think about was speeches just because, I don’t know, it totally slipped my mind,” she told host Jimmy Fallon. “So the night before, I was like, ‘I guess I should probably ask you guys to say something.’”
She went on: “And so, the next day at the wedding, my mom [Lisa Bonet] opens, like, a journal and she’s written something beautiful, and my dad said when he saw that, he was like, ‘S–t.’ … But he went up and gave one of the most beautiful speeches I’ve ever heard, and I was in tears … It kind of made the night.”
The Batman star gave Instagram followers a peek inside her wedding in December, uploading photos from the romantic affair, including a pic of the bride posing with her Big Little Lies costars Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Laura Dern and Shailene Woodley.
Bonet, 52 — who was married to Lenny, 55, from 1987 to 1993 — attended the wedding with husband Jason Momoa and their kids Lola, 12, and Nakoa-Wolf, 11, and the guest list also included Alicia Keys, Cara Delevingne and Ashley Benson.
On The Tonight Show on Wednesday, Zoë hyped her latest project, the Hulu rom-com series High Fidelity. As Fallon, 45, pointed out, Tonight Show bandleader Questlove is the music supervisor on the show.
“I stalked him … I was texting him and texting him, and the blue-to-white ratio on our text was …” Zoë told the host, shaking her head. “But eventually he came through. I mean, he is an encyclopedia, so especially on a show about music and records, if we had any kind of question about, ‘Oh, the character needs to find an incredibly rare record. What record would you be so excited to find?’ And I would get just pages and pages of information. It’s incredible.”
High Fidelity starts streaming on Hulu on Friday, February 14.
Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Melissa Etheridge Reveals How She’s ‘Healing’ 2 Months After Son’s Death
- Armie Hammer Ditches Wedding Ring as Elizabeth Chambers Files for Divorce
- A Binge-Watcher’s Guide to Every One of the Best Summer Movies on Netflix
- Tia Mowry, Ne-Yo and More Stars Pay Tribute to Naya Rivera
- Please Enjoy This Very Fascinating Behind-the-Scenes Video About the Making of Floor Is Lava
- ‘Glee’ Cast Reacts to Naya Rivera’s Death
- Demi Moore Reacts to Viral Tweet About Her Bizarre Bathroom Decor
- Kelly Preston Dead at 57 From Breast Cancer, John Travolta Pays Tribute
- Kelly Preston Has Died of Breast Cancer: “She Was a Bright, Beautiful, and Loving Soul”
- Sheriff’s Department Diver Says He’s ‘Confident’ Naya Rivera’s Body Will Be Found